Saturday, April 25, 2009

Coelogyne mooreana divisions from last year

Coelogyne mooreana roots - Photo by Richard Lindberg

Coelogyne mooreana 'Brockhurst' FCC/RHS HCC/AOS - Photo by Richard LindbergLast year I bought a badly overgrown Coelogyne mooreana and divided it. I got a satisfactory number of divisions, but as has been my experience with these plants, there was significant root damage.

I tried to be careful. I soaked the plant, then took my time, using my fingers as much as possible to unwind the roots. Still, roots were damaged and many of the divisions had fewer roots than they needed.

The plants have grown enough in a year to have filled the pot with pseudobulbs on top. And when I slid them out of the pot the roots looked really good. I got the next size pot and up-potted, moving the new growth away from the edge.

•   •   •   •   •   •   •   •   •   •

I have plants for sale on eBay.
Auction ends and new plants listed at 1pm Pacific time.

No comments:

Post a Comment