Sunday, July 11, 2010

Playing mounting catch-up

Laelia sincorana - Flower photo by Richard LindbergI was reading what Dave wrote in Cattleyaphilia about mounting a Cattleya walkeriana and I remembered that I had a few plants to mount. One of the reasons for the delay was that I didn't have mounts of the right size. I feel annoyed when I have to stop working with a plant and find the materials for making a mount so I often will put a piece I intend to mount in an empty pot.

Laelia sincorana - Plant photo by Richard LindbergI have what is probably a life-time supply of cork bark. I bought a bale on the basis of cost, individual pieces of cork bark are WAY too expensive. Anyway, I got a couple of pieces and broke them up into a manageable size. I attached a wire to them and hung them around one of my largest pots where I can see them.

Yesterday I mounted four sprouted backbulbs, a Laelia sincorana, two Cattleya walkeriana and a Cattleya forbesii. I am not quite caught up but I am getting there. When I need a mount, I probably have it already made.

No comments:

Post a Comment