Thursday, March 3, 2011

Greenhouse bench rehabilitation

Each year I do a spring cleaning. Yes, I try to keep the place a little cleaned up all year, but in spring I make a special effort. This year I am doing even more than usual, an entire reorganization of the plants.

I have 4 tiered plant stands. They are made of teak and have lasted very well. But this year, the one of the tiers broke. Inspection showed that there was a second ready to break soon. I decided to not only rehab the benches but widen them as well. They are going from 30 inches to 48 inches.

The first of them is done. I am very pleased with the result. This was the worst of the 4 and I sent it and one other out for the prep work. I will do the last two myself since they are is better condition. They need only normal levels of sanding.

2 comments:

  1. Those look awesome!! Happy spring cleaning.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Progress is being made. The second bench is done and the replacement shelves are glued up. I need to place the new benches back in the GH so I can unload the last two. That will happen during the week.

    ReplyDelete